Piston Activated Frost Proof Self-Draining Hose Bibb Vacuum Breaker | Lead-Free, Solid Brass
Designed for use on yard hydrants, and hose bibbs to prevent back siphoning of contamination in the potable water supply. This self-draining Lead Free hose bibb vacuum breaker will automatically drain when the hose is disconnected from valve outlet. This is accomplished when the hose is disconnected, by causing a spring loaded plunger to spring forward off the seat, thereby allowing drainage of the valve and yard hydrant outlet. Air is now allowed in the hydrant to allow drainage and freeze protection. Comes complete with a breaking set screw. Once tightened set screw will break off to prevent tampering and removal. Please note that once secured the hose bibb vacuum breaker will not be able to be removed without force by any individual.
- Valves: 1 check valve
- Connection Type: FIP
- Inlet: 3/4" FPT (Female Pipe Thread)
- Outlet: 3/4" MPT (Male Pipe Thread)
- Max Pressure: 125 psi
- Max Temp: 180 degrees F
- Material: Lead Free Solid Brass
- Comes equipped with a back flow preventer locking device
- ASSE 1011 Certified
- CSA B64.2 Approved
- UPC Approved
- Stainless Steel Removable Locking Screws, This item allows vacuum breakers to be removed for service of the hose bibb, yet remain tamper-proof.